Acquisition Team Intern
New York City, NY
CleanCapital is a leading clean energy investment platform that uses software and data to make it easy to invest in clean energy. CleanCapital has built a proprietary technology platform that identifies, screens, and manages clean energy projects providing project owners and developers with access to liquidity and capital. We were founded in 2015 and are headquartered in New York City.
Our firm owns and manages nearly $300M of distributed operating solar assets. By leveraging our leading edge technology platform to evaluate renewable energy investments with speed and certainty, we enable project owners an opportunity to exit their portfolios while providing accredited investors, including institutional investors, unique access to the clean energy investment market. Our mission is to accelerate investment in all sectors of clean energy to address the urgent threat of climate change.
This internship is paid and can be completed for academic credit! You will be working closely with the Acquisition team to help identify, screen and value clean energy assets. CleanCapital is an exciting and dynamic startup atmosphere.
- Work with Deal and Origination Teams to identify and screen investment opportunities
- Manage due diligence on solar energy projects
- Work with and develop financial models
- Identifying channel partners
- Account management tasks
- Data management
- Misc. administrative tasks
- Excellent academic track record
- Masters or MBA Candidate
- Familiarity working with financial models
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Interest and motivation in learning about the environment, renewable energy, tech, sales, marketing, and/or public relations
- Must be high energy, outgoing and capable of communicating directly with the Issuers
- Strong interest in entrepreneurship / startups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Google docs and Excel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This role will be based in New York City.
- Occasional travel expected
CleanCapital, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.