Analyst, Investments & Capital Markets
Location: New York City, NY
CleanCapital is a leading financial technology firm that is making it easy to invest in clean energy. CleanCapital has built a proprietary, technology-based platform that identifies, screens, and manages clean energy projects, allowing project owners the opportunity to exit their portfolios while providing accredited investors, including institutional investors, family offices, and investment funds, unique access to the clean energy investment market. We were founded in 2015 and are headquartered in New York City.
This position will play a key role in CleanCapital’s strategic growth plans, which includes the acquisition of small-scale utility and distributed renewable energy and energy storage assets. The Analyst will work within the Investments and Capital Markets vertical and will assist in all transactional financial analysis, modeling, and investment screening, as well as assisting in executing project finance and capital markets transactions. CleanCapital is an exciting and dynamic startup atmosphere.
- 1-2 years experience in the investment banking, power generation, or electric utility industry in investment or business development related roles.
- Renewable energy experience preferred (solar experience strongly preferred)
- Experience in the creation and modification of sophisticated Excel based models including financial statement models and valuations/LBO/DCF models.
- Auditing existing financial models to insure 100% accuracy of the assumptions and information
BA/BS or equivalent, preferably in finance or economics
- Expert financial analysis skills to create and maintain Excel models during the investment process
- Proven ability to research and assess investment considerations across a wide variety of asset classes and geographies
- Ability to anticipate and meet needs of internal customers
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to take ideas and run with them from concept to conclusion
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Technical understanding of clean energy business processes
- Ability to think and analyze beyond the data and assess decisions with an informed, enterprise view
- Excellent interpersonal skills while managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and ever changing environment
- Excellence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Own the preparation and use of Excel based financial models for CleanCapital’s small-scale utility and distributed M&A activities.
- Assist the VP, Investments and Capital Markets in developing both internal and external memos and presentations including deal investment memos for the Company’s capital providers, focusing on investment returns and valuation metrics.
- Supporting capital markets transactions through modeling and structuring
- Researching and analyzing renewable energy market investment considerations pertinent to the CleanCapital deal flow. Examples of this include valuing SRECs on a fundamental basis, providing detailed assessment of curtailment risk, and analyzing net metering constructs.
- Participating in the development and evolution of CleanCapital’s proprietary valuation algorithms
- Assist in investor distribution processes and subsequent updates to portfolio models
- Job description may evolve over time
Reports directly to the VP, Investments and Capital Markets
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This role will be based in New York City. Occasional travel expected.
CleanCapital, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.