Technical Asset Operations Manager
Location: Buffalo, NY
CleanCapital is a leading FinTech firm that is making it easy to invest in clean energy. CleanCapital has built a proprietary technology platform that identifies, screens, and manages clean energy projects providing project owners an opportunity to exit their portfolios while providing accredited investors, including institutional investors, family offices, and investment funds, unique access to the clean energy investment market. We were founded in 2015 and are headquartered in New York City.
The Technical Asset Operations Manager is responsible for all communication and management of CleanCapital’s Operations and Maintenance (O&M) providers, technical oversight of each project within our ~80MW portfolio, and technical diligence and management of our Independent Engineer (IE) teams. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable of all aspects of solar PV systems, maintenance and reporting. Knowledge of other renewable energy technologies, energy storage, and energy efficiency is a plus. Candidates should be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and demonstrate clear communication and organizational skills. The Technical Project Manager will primarily work for the Operations team with the internal asset managers, but will work with the diligence team as well. The Technical Project manager will also be asked to provide technical input on optimization efforts such as retrofitting additional technologies to increase the efficiency of the PV systems as well as think creatively on the potential to expand particular sites or add storage technologies.
Education and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering or experience in its equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience in Solar PV Design, Construction, or O&M
- Some experience in project/asset management, project controls, scheduling, contracts development and administration required
- North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certification or other component specific solar certifications helpful
Other Competencies and Requirements
- Key skills include energy management concepts, knowledge of the solar O&M market
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, extremely professional, and experience managing multiple vendors and applying pressure when necessary
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Candidate must be organized and self-motivated
- Manage O&M providers (contracts and relationship and reporting from portfolio managers)
- Manage monthly and annual operational reporting and performance analyses
- Manage annual Preventative Maintenance Reports from O&M providers
- Diagnose and assess system faults and failures to prioritize and/or authorize reactive maintenance truck rolls
- Manage biweekly check-ins with O&M portfolio managers and investors
- Create and maintain project site specific details including relevant vendors, site access, etc.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of FAQs, Lessons Learned and best practices
- Manage to O&M budgets for each portfolio
- Assist the Diligence and Acquisition teams on coordinating with Independent Engineering firms on site assessments
- Review and analyze historical performance of a portfolio we are considering purchasing
- Negotiate and determine appropriate O&M pricing for new portfolios we acquire
- Other duties as assigned
Reports to the VP of Asset Management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This role will be based our of CleanCapital offices in Buffalo, NY with intermittent travel to the CleanCapital headquarters in New York, NY
- Position does not require on-site PV maintenance or construction labor
- Some other travel expected
CleanCapital, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.